Friday, December 19, 2008

Tis the season for GINGERBREAD!

Initially I had planned to make actual gingerbread for the houses this year, but I happened to be at Costco earlier in the week and they had their Willy Wonka Gingerbread houses on sale for $5 a piece! I figured by the time I bought candies and all the ingredients for gingerbread and royal frosting, I would have spent well over $5! I was pleased with the overall end product, the kit had plenty of candy, if not too much and there was adequate frosting. It was a little lumpy at times and we could have used a bit more for use around the house, but it was fine. I may just make more royal frosting next year.

I invited my friend Kelly, her mom and her awesome kids to come and gingerbread with us! It was great fun and a big mess, but like I've said so many times... if it's worth doing, it's worth doing it all out, mess and everything! The kids did a great job and they're creativity was wonderful! I have nicknamed Ian's house the "Banana House" which is so fitting for a Monkey Man! Ainsley and I worked together, well, mostly I worked and she stuck things wherever! But that's cool. And she was all about the Nerds being sprinkled in the front yard of the house. So she sprinkled Nerds and I decorated as best I could and we were happy! As they get older, I may attempt to actually make my own gingerbread so we can be a bit more creative, but for now, it was a blast! The kids had fun being messy and sneaking nibbles of candy! And with all that hit the floor, the dog was happy too!

Here are some pics of their awesome creations! They rock!

Ian and his "Banana House"


Rrraaaaahhh!


Two little cuties!


Oh such a sweet girl! Mommy's little helper!


Must eat gingerbread!

No comments: