I went to tuck Ian into bed the other night and my heart just melted over what I saw. He was all snuggled in with all of his favorite stuffed animals positioned all over the bed and one or two snuggled safely under the covers with him. It made me think back to the days of my childhood when I would do the same thing, line my ENTIRE bed with all of my stuffed animals. They made me feel warm and safe. He told me he had all the animals positioned where they could see everything in the room, so they could protect him. That was exactly the reason I lined my bed with them, well that and because I didn't want any of them to feel left out, so I put them ALL on my bed. It was just so sweet and brought back good memories and it made me smile to think that he's alot like me!
Always on the go and always up to something!
Tuesday, December 09, 2008
And he reminds me of me...
I went to tuck Ian into bed the other night and my heart just melted over what I saw. He was all snuggled in with all of his favorite stuffed animals positioned all over the bed and one or two snuggled safely under the covers with him. It made me think back to the days of my childhood when I would do the same thing, line my ENTIRE bed with all of my stuffed animals. They made me feel warm and safe. He told me he had all the animals positioned where they could see everything in the room, so they could protect him. That was exactly the reason I lined my bed with them, well that and because I didn't want any of them to feel left out, so I put them ALL on my bed. It was just so sweet and brought back good memories and it made me smile to think that he's alot like me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment