Tuesday, December 09, 2008

"THAT" kid!

Well, as if I had any doubts, Ainsley has once and for all proven that she is truly "THAT" kid! Brady and I were in here at the computer last night, looking at possible gift ideas for the kids. Ian was watching a movie and Ainsley was playing contently at the kitchen table with her play-dough. Now before I go further, I must note that Ainsley has been having some allergy issues since the leaf-jumping adventure, lots of sneezing and whatnot. Anyhoo... she comes into the room saying she's got a something in her nose and she's rubbing it like crazy. I, of course, assumed that the culprit was probably a large booger, but NO, when I tilted her head back she had a nostril full of bright blue play-dough! Egads! It was plugged in there pretty good, so I grabbed her and hurried upstairs, Brady quick to follow. I spent the next 10 minutes picking little pieces of play-dough out with tweezers. Turns out that play-dough doesn't like to come out in one big lump, it likes to come out in little tweezer size pinches! And of course the whole time she kept trying to rub it and sniff it in and basically doing whatever she could to thwart my progress! I eventually managed to grab the last blob of it and she immediately began to sneeze her head off. So I'm hoping if I missed any, it got sneezed out. And as much as I'd like to say that this is just such an oddity and I've just never heard of such a thing, I have to admit, this kid probably comes by it honestly. After all, I was the kid that shoved hundreds of little styrofoam pellets from a torn stuffed animal into my nose when I was little. My mom spent forever picking them out with tweezers, so I guess it's true, all the things you did as a kid to stress your parents out, in one way or another comes back to haunt you when you have your own! If that's the case, I'm not looking forward to the teenage years, YIKES!

No comments: