Friday, August 22, 2008

What's in a name?

I have recently learned that many places in Austin, teaching supply stores, book stores, office supply stores, etc... offer teacher discount cards. Now unfortunately, many of them don't just accept a statement that you're a homeschooler in order to get the discount. You have to give some form of identification. So, as clever homeschoolers have a tendency to do, many moms have figured a way around this little bit of red tape. Since a homeschool family is held under the same laws and rules as private schools in the state of Texas, many mothers have opted to name their "school" and print out business cards and laminated ID's. Homeschoolers are resourceful and persistent if nothing else! I have been mulling the idea over in my head, trying to find some sort of name that is fun, yet sounds nice and official. I think I may have discovered that name today! What do you think of this:

Ainslian Academy "Striving for excellence in a world of mediocrity."

No comments: