Ian's new favorite thing to do is feeding ducks. We really started something in Clovis! Luckily, we have a nice little pond not far from our house where there are loads of ducks and a few geese. In fact, this little pond is also home to many red-eared sliders, an egret or two and a heron. We're not fond of the heron, he preys on baby ducks and although I know it's the cycle of life, I would much rather see him eat fish than baby ducks! Today we noticed the egret was close to the pier, stalking fish. I had Ian sit down and be still (which isn't easy mind you). It took about 15 minutes but the egret finally struck and pulled out a fish. Ian was floored! He thought it was the coolest thing ever. Now he's a big fan of egrets!
Always on the go and always up to something!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Feeding the ducks
Ian's new favorite thing to do is feeding ducks. We really started something in Clovis! Luckily, we have a nice little pond not far from our house where there are loads of ducks and a few geese. In fact, this little pond is also home to many red-eared sliders, an egret or two and a heron. We're not fond of the heron, he preys on baby ducks and although I know it's the cycle of life, I would much rather see him eat fish than baby ducks! Today we noticed the egret was close to the pier, stalking fish. I had Ian sit down and be still (which isn't easy mind you). It took about 15 minutes but the egret finally struck and pulled out a fish. Ian was floored! He thought it was the coolest thing ever. Now he's a big fan of egrets!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment