Friday, April 11, 2008

Things I love about Ainsley this week!

OK, I'm still loving the "pat-pat" associated with all hugs! It is just so cute! She is really into kissing right now. She likes regular kisses and nose kisses. She does this thing we call "POW!", she holds up her hands or hand and says "POW!" while she hits in the air. Unfortunately this behavior is also used to cluck her brother in the head or hit me or Brady in the face. So, needless to say, "POW!" is not encouraged, but I have to admit, when she is standing in the middle of the room and she looks at me with defiance in her eyes and she lifts that little hand and yells "POW!" at me, it is REALLY hard not to giggle! If she would only just "POW!" the air!

I love the way she says "caterpillow" instead of caterpillar. I love the way she says "hippopomus" instead of hippopotamus, actually what I find really funny is Ian used to say "hippowomus", so they say it the same, just one letter difference. If you ask how she is doing, she'll respond, "I'm good." And she is very good about, "No, please" when she doesn't want something (or screaming in your face if she forgets)! She now loves Baby Einstein videos which she refers to as "Baby Dinetine"! She really seems to be grasping language at a whole new level these days. Instead of just pointing out things and naming them, she really seems to be understanding that everything has an action. When we were on our drive to Dinosaur Valley she would see goats grazing and tell me, "Look Mommy, goats eating!" or she'd see cows in the field laying down and say, "Mommy, cows sleeping!"

She is beginning to learn her alphabet and she can generally count to 8 these days. She is getting very good at colors. And the sweetest thing is she is beginning to sing, and I'm not just meaning the "Where O' Where Are You Tonight" song. She is attempting Old MacDonald, the ABC song and she is VERY good at Twinkle, Twinkle and Itsy Bitsy Spider! She is just making such leaps and bounds these days and although we still have rough days with her temper, things are getting better and she absolutely makes me laugh every single day! She's my fiery, little girl and I love her!

No comments: