Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Brandy Perryman Shooting Camp

I cannot believe how far behind I am in posting!  This summer has been CRAZY!  OK, the second week in June, Ian attended his very first camp,  The Brandy Perryman Shooting Camp.  And no, this had nothing to do with guns or archery, it was a basketball camp!  He was so excited!  4 full days of nothing but basketball!  Not to mention the fact that they catered lunch everyday so he got to have BBQ and pizza and quesadillas (which may not seem like a big deal to you and me, but he was stoked about it!).  Brady would drop him off each morning at 8 and I would be there to pick him up at 5.  He was in heaven!  Except for the Tuesday when all of the aches of playing hard kicked in AND he had to go to regular basketball practice immediately after camp for another hour!  But I made sure to hydrate him, make him eat bananas and I tried to massage his legs which was futile.  You just can't massage a 9 year-old boy without him completely dissolving into a massive giggle-fit!  I tried.  He was much better by Wed. morning though and off to camp he went, only gimping a little!  He had his awards ceremony on the last afternoon and did that kid ever stock up on the medals!  He took runner-up for the 3-point contest and the "Hot Shot" contest, first place for the "Line Game" and his team won the 5 on 5 games AND he received a trophy for "Most Improved Player"!

He was so proud, and so exhausted after that week!  In fact, it was so cute, the morning after he got his awards, Brady peeked in on him and he was just lying in bed with his trophy on his chest, just looking at it.  I think he was very surprised to get it and was feeling a level of pride in an accomplishment that he had never experienced.  Needless to say, proud Mama and Daddy!

No comments: