Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ooooooh-possums!

I have a friend that volunteers for an wild animal rehabilitation organization.  She informed me last week that she had 3 baby opossums and of course I just couldn't resist taking the kids over for a visit.  They were SO unbelievably cute!  Of course we just got to look as safety protocols certainly don't allow for handling by anyone other than the re-habber, but it was fun just to see what baby opossums look like!  I have always seen adults.  These guys were smaller than guinea pigs, but bigger, well, plumper than an average rat.  Their tails were so amazingly prehensile.  The kids were absolutely mesmerized!  Here is one of the little boys...
She said that they are always looking for more people to volunteer, but seriously, my plate is so stinkin' full right now!  I can't even imagine having to get up and feed babies every 4 hours again!  Maybe when kids are off to college, I can start helping with animal re-hab, but for now, I have to live vicariously through my friend!

No comments: