Always on the go and always up to something!
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Ainsley's Egg
We visited a friend today that has the luxury of living in a non-HOA neighborhood where you're allowed to have chickens! She has 5 lovely little hens that make the most awesome little chicken noises. I would love to hear the cooing and clucking of chickens everyday! Anyway, while there, she was showing us around and she decided to show Ainsley where the chickens lay their eggs. As it turns out, she has a broody hen who was sitting on a couple of eggs. She shooed said hen and retrieved the eggs, handing one to Ainsley. Ainsley spent the next 1/2 hour walking all over her yard and house and playing with the other kids with this egg firmly in her grip! I was so worried she was gonna crack the thing. When it was time to go, my friend said that Ainsley could keep the egg for her breakfast tomorrow. So when we got in the car I asked her to hand it over (there was no way I was gonna let her crack that egg in the car)! I asked her how she wanted me to cook the egg tomorrow. She immediately started to wail. "NOOOOOOOO MOMMY, it's MY EGG! You can't have it! I want to put it with my rock collection!!!!!" OK, I immediately started having flashbacks to when Ian was 3 or 4 and had fallen in love with a pumpkin! Just like back then, I had to explain that you just can't keep a raw egg. At the very least it could break and at the very worst it would ROT. So after a great deal of waterworks, I have finally convinced her to let me cook the damn thing tomorrow. I feel bad that she loves the egg so much, but what can I do?!?! So I took a picture of her with her egg, so she can at least look at that whenever she misses it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment