Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Signed in BLOOD!

On August 31, 2010 the children had to submit their final Halloween costume choices. They have had to sign a paper stating that from this day forth there will be no switching and no bitching when it comes to said costume choices. It is done, signed in blood! The choices you ask?

Ian has chosen to be the Egyptian god of mummification and the afterlife, Anubis. For those that aren't up with your Egyptian mythology, Anubis is the jackal-headed god that you see on all of the Egyptian tombs. Very cool costume idea, and if we pull it off, he'll rock! But pulling it off, well, we'll just have to see!

Ainsley has chosen to be an owl! She has recently been quite taken with Bubo the owl on "Clash of the Titans" and Hedwig on "Harry Potter". Yet again, cool idea, but now how to pull it off? I think I have an idea for her owl face, but I'll need to do some thinking on the body of the costume.

I'm SOOOOO glad I make them commit 2 months ahead of time, otherwise how would I ever get these things done in time! And if they keeping picking outrageous stuff like this, I may have to make them commit in JUNE from now on!!!

No comments: