Last month was the Star of Texas Fair and Rodeo. Linda and I packed up one Monday and headed out with the kids to enjoy a day at the fair. We had a blast! We saw all of the livestock, lots of pigs and cows AND the kids and I got to see and pet baby ring-tailed lemurs!!!! Sorry no pics, but they didn't allow you to take photos unless you purchased their photo pack! Thhhppppttt!
You know we had to go see the Swine Races!
We visited the petting zoo.
Two of the cutest "kids" I've ever seen!
The kids rode ponies.And Ian took on the crazy bubble! We laughed so hard watching him try to get around in that thing! And he obviously had a blast in there, except he said it smelled bad! (I can't imagine why!?!)
Ainsley enjoyed the Merry-Go-Round with Nana because Mommy would have hurled! Could she BE any happier?!?
I rode the Pirate Ship with them and they both screamed and cried like something was killing them! Nothing like trying to scream at some carnie to stop the ride before your kids literally squeeze under the restraints to try to escape from the terror!
But they both felt better after riding the Dragon!
The fun houses were big hits!
And we can't forget the ferris wheel!
I even talked them into the Wacky Worm! And they LOVED it!
We had such a good time!
As it turns out, Brady and I brought Ian back to the fair the next night to check out the one and only Joan Jett!
We thought is was only fitting since one of Ian's first concerts ever, while we were still living in Oregon, was Joan Jett at the Taste of Beaverton Festival! She still rocks!
We talked the boy into riding a few more rides, but he refused to ride the Super Shot with his Daddy, so Daddy had to ride alone. :(
We had a great time at the fair! Can't wait until next year!














No comments:
Post a Comment