Those of you that follow both of my blogs, you already know that we spent an afternoon at the Zilker Botanical Garden a couple of weeks ago where we came across a certain special critter that Texans love! Well, I thought you might like to see some of the other things that the garden has to offer.
We actually ended up at the botanical garden because Miss Ainsley is now enrolled in a Scottish Country Dancing class. Sadly, this class is on the opposite side of the universe from us, so I am having to pack the kids up 2 hours early, just to beat traffic. Therefore, we are now frequenting many of the local parks and shopping centers in the area. Which has actually turned out to be a lot of fun for us!
The drought has been so bad here and flowers of any sort have been few and far between, so it was nice to visit the garden and see some color! And what is an outing without taking loads of pics! This is what you are greeted with at the entrance of the gardens!
The children showed me how much they love each other...
and there were still some irises in bloom (at least I think this is a type of iris)!
I love these two so much!
There were still a few roses in bloom.
Ian found a little water snake (that kid is one helluva a spotter)!
We explored the Japanese Garden.
The kids found a perfect spot to just "hang out"!
There were bridges to be climbed,
strange butterfly chairs to sit in,
more beautiful flowers to look at,
and yes, armadillos!
Seriously. Could one ask for a better way to blow a couple of hours? I think not. :)












No comments:
Post a Comment