Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sweets and Treats!













As you know, we are Valentine's Day Scrooges.  I refuse to play into the commercial idea that February 14th is a day of love and we all need to go and buy crappy little tokens to prove our love to our significant others.  I mean really, GAG.  But I do understand that the children enjoy the holiday, filled with little red hearts and a winged cherub with a bow and arrow, not to mention, chocolate runs rampant this time of year and how could I deny them that?  So our Valentine's tradition has become chocolate-dipped strawberries!  This year, the kids were in charge.  Ian unwrapped the chocolate and was in charge of melting it, then he and Ainsley dipped each berry.  We let them sit for awhile to set, then heated up some more chocolate for drizzling and decorating!  And here are my sweets with their super delicious treats!

No comments: