As many of you know, we have a neighbor with a loud, obnoxious car that wakes Ainsley up EVERY morning. Recently we decided maybe she wouldn't be so scared and scream at the top of her lungs if she could come and find us. So, we took the side off the crib and converted it into a Big Girl Bed! She is so proud of her new bed, she got her awesome quilt as well! You may be wondering how all this is going and I'd have to say, so far, so good. She does wake up nightly, she does come running through the hallway and I hear this little, "Mom? Mom?" And I say, "I'm here." Then she runs in and crawls in bed. Now am I thrilled she sleeps the last 2 hours in bed with us? Not particularly, but am I glad she isn't waking up screeching to wake the dead every morning at 6am? YES! I think she now feels confident that if she needs us, she knows where to find us and I'm totally cool with that.
Always on the go and always up to something!
Monday, November 03, 2008
Look who's a big girl now!
As many of you know, we have a neighbor with a loud, obnoxious car that wakes Ainsley up EVERY morning. Recently we decided maybe she wouldn't be so scared and scream at the top of her lungs if she could come and find us. So, we took the side off the crib and converted it into a Big Girl Bed! She is so proud of her new bed, she got her awesome quilt as well! You may be wondering how all this is going and I'd have to say, so far, so good. She does wake up nightly, she does come running through the hallway and I hear this little, "Mom? Mom?" And I say, "I'm here." Then she runs in and crawls in bed. Now am I thrilled she sleeps the last 2 hours in bed with us? Not particularly, but am I glad she isn't waking up screeching to wake the dead every morning at 6am? YES! I think she now feels confident that if she needs us, she knows where to find us and I'm totally cool with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment