We have been members of the local homeschooling group, Learning Without Limits, for about 6 years now. They have been my main support through thick and thin and most of my kiddo's activities revolve around people and organizations that stem off that group. Normally we have weekly park days, Parent's Night Out, Halloween and Valentine's parties and all sorts of other good stuff. This year, we held our First Annual Field Day at a local park. WHAT. A. BLAST! It was so much fun watching all of these kiddos, divided into age-appropriate groups having a terrific time! It was all of those fun, old-school games that we enjoyed in elementary school. Now, fair warning, I was stationed at Ainsley's age group area to help organize and run the games, so I have very few photos of Ian. Some friends were supposed to shoot some, but so far I haven't seen any and that was 3 months ago! Haha! Anyway, here are a few pics that highlight that special day!
First of all, who says homeschoolers don't socialize?!? We had close to 100 kids at this event!
Here's Ainsley competing in the sack race! She didn't place, but she had fun!
Here she is in the egg-on-a-spoon race, she did a great job and managed to come in third place!
She was more than happy to pose with her ribbon. :)
And let's just say, this next race, the DizzyLizzy, was NOT my idea! Just watching them spin around in circles with those bats made me nauseous! But I have a little girl that LOVES to spin and spin and spin, so of course she managed to easily take another 3rd Place ribbon.
She ran the Crazy Relay with two of her best buds, Axel and Griffin and they DOMINATED, easily sailing into a First Place victory! What a team!
So all in all, Ainsley walked away with 2-Third Place ribbons and 2-First Place Ribbons (she took the crab walk as well). Not bad for her first ever Field Day!
Now like I said, Ian was in another part of the field with his age group, so I saw very little of what went on over there. I did, however, manage to sneak over in between races and snap a pic of him attempting the "Egg in a Nest" race. It was the funniest thing in the world to watch my skinny, knock-kneed boy try to steady an egg between his knees and walk down a field!!!
He didn't do so well his first time through, but managed to take home 3rd Place in another heat! All in all, he came home with 3-Third Place ribbons for Crazy Relay, Egg in the Nest, and the Sack Race as well as a solid Second Place ribbon for Tug-o-war! Ribbons and competition aside, I just enjoyed watching my kids having a blast on a beautiful spring day! I am hoping our group makes this a permanent event!








No comments:
Post a Comment