Monday, January 16, 2012

Gingerbread Cookies--Christmas 2011

You have to give me a few kudos, as I DID manage to get the gingerbread house post done before Christmas, but then the festivities caught up with me and I have been slacking ever since!  Luckily, it is a dreary, rainy day and we have finished all of our schoolwork, so I actually have a moment to update things!  Yea!

Like every year, we made gingerbread cookies!  I really do have the best recipe ever!  The gingerbread is always slightly crispy on the outside, but soft and moist on the inside.  I also have a wonderful recipe for frosting, very buttery and creamy!  I have to say, I am slightly annoyed with myself because I did take some pictures of our gingerbread adventure that night, as Brady and my mom were in on the action, but I think something happened to the photos from my little camera and I must have thought I downloaded them already and erased them by accident.  Grrrr.  Thankfully I did manage to save the photos of the finished product since I took them with my big camera.  It was quite a creative year and the kids are getting better and better with their frosting and decorating skills.  Although I would have to say that Ainsley has an unnatural affinity for Red Hots!  We had to warn folks ahead of time!  Nothing like biting into a soft, gingery cookie and getting a huge punch of Red Hots to boot!

Here is the finished product:
And here are the kids enjoying a treat afterwards!
I say, BRAVO and a job well done!

No comments: