Thursday, December 22, 2011

The 2011 Gingerbread House Edition

Gingerbread house construction has become quite the tradition around here!  And why not, it's FUN!  This year's experience was a little easier for me, all I had to do was construct the houses and let them have at it!  I helped Ainsley a little bit with some of the decorative frosting, but I only put it where she wanted it and she was in charge of candy.  Of course, she wanted to eat the candy more than decorate with it!  Ian, on the other hand, took full charge of his house this year.  He wanted to do the frosting and the candy and he did a GREAT job!  He was so proud of his house when he was finished!  They both did a wonderful job and I feel like next year, Ian will probably be able to construct his as well and Ainsley will be completely in charge of decorating hers.  It's wonderful to see them create!  And without further ado, this year's gingerbread houses!

Close-up!
Bravo kids!  BRAVO!

No comments: