Saturday, July 24, 2010

"Hoops" Woodall


Ian just played his last basketball game of the summer session. They were playing a team that absolutely destroyed them their first game. Ian was so anxious and nervous and excited before the game. He knew it was going to be a tough one and was really wanting to make sure that they at least tied. But today was a good day for the Hawks! Ian was on fire. He was making shots, passing well and genuinely trying to make this a team effort. He was also VERY focused on his defense. I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but that boy does NOT make friends when he's defending. He is on that kid like flies on poo! It is so bad that almost every team they have played in the last 4 weeks, the kids on the other team argue and cry over who has to be paired up with him! It's kind of sad that he makes other kids mad, but then again, he's just doing his job and he takes it seriously. I mean SERIOUSLY. They closed out the season winning by 12 points over the team that spanked them by at least that much their first game and he was able to walk away from the season proud and energized! Now I have to figure out what the hell to do with him for the next 5 months until the next session!

No comments: