Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter, Easter, Bunny Keester!

I would have to say that our 3-day Easter weekend has been a blast! Mostly because I've got my hubby home for an extra day! On Friday, the kids and I dyed our eggs. They were a little disappointed that we only made a dozen, but I refuse to boil more eggs than we can reasonably eat in 3 days! They turned out quite lovely!

And they made superb deviled eggs!

We made cupcakes Saturday morning. I baked, Ian helped frost and Ainsley was in charge of sprinkles...

and licking the frosting when we were done!
Then it was time to get all dolled up and head over to Papa and Nana's house for a nice Easter dinner and lo and behold, the EASTER BUNNY arrived early and left eggs and goodies for two very excited children!

The hunt!



Had to give my girlie a helping hand to get an egg that was up high!
My handsome little man!

My sweet baby girl!
And of course, the obligatory family photos!



Showing off their loot!



After we got all of our "pretty pictures" we let 'em loose with the cascarones! Confetti, confetti EVERYWHERE!


I'm gonna get you!

She's wondering who to get next, hmmmm....

Uh-Oh! Looks like Papa!

We finished up our Easter celebration with a beautiful dinner of brisket, garden salad (straight from MY garden), potato salad, deviled eggs and creamed greens (with greens from my garden) and of course our cupcakes for dessert!

So what can I say? It was an absolutely awesome day! Happy children, happy grandparents, great food, I mean really can it get any better than that? I think not! We hope you and yours are having a tremendous Easter weekend as well!

No comments: