I normally don't get out very much during SXSW. It's a madhouse out, it's expensive and it's generally not very kid-friendly. However, we do try to get out and see at least one of the free concerts down at Auditorium Shores. This year we headed down to take the Monkey Bunch to see Cheap Trick! Ian was very excited to get to see a rock show! He is a big fan of Cheap Trick's signature opening song, "Hello There" which he frequently sings on Rockband. It was a great show, nice to see that those guys still rock out after all these years. Ainsley could have cared less about the concert, but was happy being passed from person to person in our group. She all about hangin' out with friends! I think they both had a great night and it was nice for Mommy and Daddy to get out too!
Then the next night, we bundled up the little buggers and headed back downtown to see our friends from Triple Cobra play at the San Jose. Too bad it was 40 freakin' degrees! The kids were troopers though and Ian really seemed to enjoy the show. Triple Cobra is a very visual band to be sure. Ainsley loved the back-up singers and insisted we stay so she could hug them both after the show!
I don't know, some people think we're crazy, dragging our kids to concerts and such, and to be honest, there certainly is a part of me that would have preferred to go downtown to party sans rugrats with my Big Daddy, but it is what it is. I think the kids enjoy themselves and I LOVE that they are pretty chill in just about any situation. Besides, I'm hoping when they're like 17 and 13 they will look back and think Mom and Dad were pretty cool! Just like the Cheap Trick song says, "Mama's alright, Daddy's alright, they just seem a little weird!" How fitting!
No comments:
Post a Comment