Friday, February 05, 2010

Ridin' the Rails!

After arriving in Albuquerque, I took a couple of days to recuperate from the drive, to help my mom with some stuff around the homestead and to eat as much green chile as possible! Then I felt it was high time for an excursion. Albuquerque now boasts a great little commuter train that runs from Belen to Santa Fe. And CHEAP! The kids were free and when I ordered online it was $5 each for Mom and I ROUND TRIP! So $10 for a trip to Santa Fe. I probably would have paid more in gas and parking!

Here are the kids waiting OH so patiently for the train to arrive!

Yea! It arrived!

Grammy and the kids about to board!

Kids ready to go!

Parentals ready too!

Once we arrived in Santa Fe, we walked around and looked at all the shops. My kids followed Grammy like a couple of little ducklings! So cute!

We admired the chapels...


We played and relaxed in the plaza...

We reveled in the fall colors...

We smelled the flowers (and in case you were unaware, morning glory flowers actually kiss your nose if you smell them!)

We also discovered that the post office, contrary to popular belief, DOES have a sense of humor! Ian LOVED this!

And of course we ate good food. Well, MOM ate good food. I learned I should never question my mother when it comes to ordering tasty dishes in Santa Fe. Her "Frito Pie" was out of this world and made my green chile cheeseburger pale in comparison!

It was definitely a wonderful excursion on a seriously beautiful day! I now have more motivation to visit Santa Fe now that there's a commuter train!

No comments: