Friday, November 27, 2009

Trick-or-TREAT!

Many of you probably know this about our family, but for those of you that don't... we LOVE Halloween! I mean seriously, it's a toss-up between Halloween and Christmas! I absolutely adore making costumes for the kids and I'm always so tickled to see what they decide to be every year! Ian has his moments where he wants to be Annekin Skywalker or a storm trooper, but then he changes his mind and shocks me! He has now been a Texas Cowboy Turtle, a tiger, a puppy, a robot, and a cheetah, but this year he cracked me up when he decided to be a Ghostbuster! Nice! I began my search for a flight suit and Brady ordered some GB patches online and volunteered to take on the proton pack. I knew he was well qualified because of how amazing Ian's robot costume was! Leave it to a geeky dad to take cardboard, a backpack, practice pads and LED lights to a whole new level!

The finished costume was AWESOME!


Isn't he a stud?? Every person that saw him Halloween night was blown away! And rightfully so, after all he was carrying an "unlicensed nuclear accelerator" on his back!

And what about the Piggy you ask? Well, she decided she wanted to be a "wicked ol' witch" this year. And you know me, I couldn't just go to Target and buy her a witch costume, I had to do it up right! I bought some shiny black fabric to make her little dress, I did actually buy the hat, but added feather boa and flowers to give it that little something special, and the best part? Purple and black stripey tights! They were SO unbelievably cute! And as you saw in a previous post, she wanted to have her face painted like the Wicked Witch of the West from the "Wizard of Oz". She did great with the make-up and it all came together so well! She loved it!


Mommy and Daddy dressed up too!

He we are, ready to get some loot!

We headed over to Hyde Park, which in my opinion, is the best neighborhood in town to trick-or-treat. It's one of the old historic neighborhoods and the residents deck out their gorgeous homes, it's so cool!

It was a great night, the kids had a blast, they got all sorts of treats and afterwards we headed to EZ's Diner for burgers! Aaaah, I love Halloween!

No comments: