How can you not take advantage of a beautiful spring day in Austin? We met up with several other families on a Monday morning to partake in a glorious hike through St. Edwards Park. This is by far one of my favorite parks in town. The trail isn't hard, but it is still kind of rugged and for some reason this park is NEVER busy. I always feel like I'm alone with the kids out in nature and it's great! Of course this day we were certainly not alone! We had something like 8 families hiking and exploring. The kids all had a wonderful time. Ian, of course, fell in the creek and soaked his sneakers. I swear I'm going to learn to buy 2 pairs of shoes for him, one pair for everyday, one pair for hiking and falling into creeks! Ainsley did fine until about halfway through when she decided to throw a MAJOR tantrum. I encouraged everyone to just walk around her and ignore her. She eventually got over herself and did fine the rest of the way. I guess sometimes she just needs to decompress. I wish she could figure out how to do that without completely blowing her stack! We saw lots of bugs, some tiny fish in the creek and a rock that was covered in river turtles! You know you've had a successful day if you saw turtles!

Ian just before he fell into the creek!

Ainsley up a tree!

See, TURTLES!
No comments:
Post a Comment