Ian's little Messy Art and Science co-op had its little Valentine's Party yesterday. Poor Ian, he worked SO hard for the past few days as for some reason, unbeknownst to me, the rule was you had to bring a box for valentines and you had to bring a hand-made valentine for each child in the co-op AND their brothers and sisters! This ended up being 20 kids that Ian had to hand-make valentines for. Needless to say, he now has a healthy dislike for this little holiday! Granted, I did most of the cutting of shapes and such, but he did all the names in stickers and pasted everything on. It was tedious and he hated it! But, his hard work paid off and the valentines he made were the hit of the party! Now I ended up making the valentine boxes as Ian had just had enough of all things Valentine and since I had made Ainsley's box (for obvious reasons) he begged that I make his too. How could I say no. I did Ainsley's all up in bugs. All the bugs are made out of hearts, the wings of the butterflies, the bodies of the ladybugs, it turned out cute. Ian asked for a nautical theme, so his has a bunch of little heart-shaped fish and stingrays, not to mention one cool looking octopus! He loved his box and was proud to put it out on the table! And it was filled with plenty of valentines and goodies! Maybe Valentine's Day didn't turn out so bad after all (for the kiddos at least!)
Always on the go and always up to something!
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Who says Valentine's Day is nothing but hearts and Cupid?
Ian's little Messy Art and Science co-op had its little Valentine's Party yesterday. Poor Ian, he worked SO hard for the past few days as for some reason, unbeknownst to me, the rule was you had to bring a box for valentines and you had to bring a hand-made valentine for each child in the co-op AND their brothers and sisters! This ended up being 20 kids that Ian had to hand-make valentines for. Needless to say, he now has a healthy dislike for this little holiday! Granted, I did most of the cutting of shapes and such, but he did all the names in stickers and pasted everything on. It was tedious and he hated it! But, his hard work paid off and the valentines he made were the hit of the party! Now I ended up making the valentine boxes as Ian had just had enough of all things Valentine and since I had made Ainsley's box (for obvious reasons) he begged that I make his too. How could I say no. I did Ainsley's all up in bugs. All the bugs are made out of hearts, the wings of the butterflies, the bodies of the ladybugs, it turned out cute. Ian asked for a nautical theme, so his has a bunch of little heart-shaped fish and stingrays, not to mention one cool looking octopus! He loved his box and was proud to put it out on the table! And it was filled with plenty of valentines and goodies! Maybe Valentine's Day didn't turn out so bad after all (for the kiddos at least!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment