Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I guess I have to eat my words!

I just posted yesterday that Ainsley isn't walking yet, well... Last night Brady had her standing up and trying to get her to do "happy feet" (this is when she gets excited and stomps her little feet fast) and she was about an arm's length from him. She was just standing there and out of nowhere she took two deliberate steps forward! Luckily I happened to be looking in that direction and witnessed it as well. So he stood her up again and she took another 4 or 5 steps! We were so excited! Now she is by no means running through the house yet, but there is definite progress. And after she takes her steps and she plops down on her bum we all clap and yell, "YEA"! She claps and yells "YEA" too. It's awesome. I have to admit though, it made me cry! As much as I want her to gain mobility (mostly since I think it will help with her crabbiness), watching her take steps really hit home the fact that she will soon cease to be a baby. And since she is my last baby, it's gonna be a little hard to let it go! Yet again, that terrible curse of motherhood, wanting to watch them progress and flourish, but all the while not wanting them to grow up! So I guess it's bye-bye baby, hello toddler! Bittersweet.

No comments: