Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Piggle Wiggle Milestones

As many of you know, Ainsley just celebrated her first birthday a couple of weeks ago! I can hardly believe it, no longer that tiny helpless baby. She is definitely more interested in talking than walking. She is up to a about a 15 word vocabulary and it seems as though she is picking up something new every other day! Her life is spent finding things then holding them up to me and going, "Dat?" of "Da?" So the connection has been made that our language actually means something and everything has a name. It has been so amazing to see that little bulb turn on! She is now cruising quite a bit, and will take a couple of steps with her new little push car, but it will be awhile I think before she is actually walking. Her inability to walk certainly has not hindered her ability to sneak up the stairs, scaring the crap out of her Mommy! Time to get another gate I suppose. My kingdom for a one-story house! She is also the queen of the pageant wave, she will do it while saying "hi" or "bye", pretty funny. She has also learned how to blow kisses and give kisses (a little bit on the sloppy side, but sweet nonetheless). Her favorite things right now are baths, following Ian around and trying to tear up whatever he is doing, picking on the cat, playing "chase" with Daddy, and pinching Mommy's calves while I try to cook (little fart!). Oh yeah, and standing on her knees and throwing herself into pillows or piles of laundry. She just tickles me to death! She is just growing so fast and I am so thankful everyday that I am home to witness her growth! I wouldn't miss this stuff for the world!

No comments: